Want to know what you can do to potentiate kratom to make it even stronger? The answer may already be sitting right in your own kitchen. Just as in nature, where plants, animals, and the elements synergistically help one another to grow and thrive, there are many basic foods and herbs which will boost the efficacy of herbal remedies like kratom. We call this phenomena potentiation. It simply means to increase strength and potency so you need a smaller effective dosage and experience more profound results. It also can be a process which encourages potential, as the name implies. Here are some easy ways to boost the natural power of one of the world’s most popular herbal medicinals – kratom.
Potentiate Kratom With Natural Foods
Just as the Mitragyna Speciosa Kratom tree is nurtured by the balmy climate and rich soil of Southeast Asia, the resulting medicinal powder can also be enhanced with other natural foods we eat every day. Here are the top potentiating foods as reported by users all over the world.
1. Turmeric. Above all other food items, kratom fans say they’ve experienced the biggest boost by adding the common Indian spice turmeric to their kratom routine. The spice has been said to give an overall surge to kratom’s many physical effects, and to make the duration of the effects last longer. So, stock up on this handy spice the next time you’re at the market.
2. Grapefruit juice. This excellent potentitator is already a part of many kratom users’ regimens. It is often used to either mix with kratom powder in recipes to enhance the taste, or as a “chaser,” swallowed directly after eating dry powder from a spoon. Whether or not it was conscious, with this grapefruit juice routine, these users are extending the benefits of kratom with much longer effect durations. It is also said that chewing on the peels of the grapefruit will have the same effect.
3. Cayenne pepper. This very sharp pepper is well known for its use in detoxing and cleansing the body. It also will add a significant spike to kratom strength and results. Some users like to mix it directly into dry kratom powder. However, use this pepper very sparingly unless you have a very high tolerance for spicy foods.
4. Watercress. This ultra-hydrating lettuce has shown significant potentiation of kratom effects. This is in part due to the powerful cocktail of minerals the lettuce contains.
Boost Kratom Power With Teas
Even if you are not planning to brew the kratom itself into a tea, you should consider adding an herbal tea into your routine. Standard herbal teas like chamomile and passion flower will add to the soothing effects of most red vein kratom strains. If you are using a white or green strain to promote a more energized effect, try sipping on a yerba mate tea as a part of your session.
These Supplements Make Great Potentiators
1. Valerian – This root, often taken to promote healthy sleep, will add to the relaxing effects of many kratom strains.
2. Cat’s Claw – Cat’s Claw is known to contain some of the same alkaloids as kratom. Taking it in conjunction will boost the strength and duration of the overall effects of any strain.
3. Caffeine – Just a simple cup of coffee will combat any unwanted sluggishness that is a mild side effect of some kratom strains.
Timing Kratom Potentiators The Smart Way
Most of these ideas for kratom stacks and combinations will not be effective if you take them concurrently or just after you ingest kratom. In most cases, take the potentiating food or herb about 45 minutes before your kratom to achieve maximum results. Overall, you can expect longer durations for any kratom session.
Note: It’s not necessary to take more than 1 additive per kratom experience. Users report that one is enough, and more will not enhance benefits.
How Potentiators Work
So, is there science behind how to potentiate kratom with these common foods? In all cases, the potentiating substance works to slow metabolism. In particular, the goal is to slow down the enzyme cytochrome P450. This enzyme is responsible for breaking down and expelling the kratom alkaloids once they are in your system. So, it makes sense that any foods which slow down the work of this enzyme will make the kratom last longer.