While uncommon, there are some kratom side effects occasionally experienced by beginner and even regular users. In most cases, side effects are mild and go away on their own fairly quickly. One of the reasons the medicinal use of the kratom leaf is so poplar is that so few negative reactions are associated with this natural herb. When side effects from kratom are experienced, incorrect dosage is usually to blame. But there are a few key steps you can take to ensure that you never have significant adverse or dangerous reactions to kratom.
What Kratom Side Effects Are Most Common?
Any time you take a prescription drug or consume an herbal remedy, you are at risk of running into some kinds of side effects. Our bodies are not always as predictable as machines, and many factors contribute to how we will interact with any substance. Some people may be more sensitive to interactions with various natural supplements compared to others. Diet, immune system, tolerance, and purity of the medicine are all important. However, in most cases, herbal remedies that are grown naturally from the Earth produce less serious side effects than chemical drugs.
Most people do not experience severe kratom side effects. Sometimes, though, an incorrect dose will produce some of the following unwanted sensations:
- Light dizziness
- Stomach upset
- Difficulty sleeping when you want to
- Difficulty staying alert
- Trouble focusing on work
- Dry mouth
- Blurry Vision
- A “Hangover” the following day
If you find yourself experiencing any of these symptoms in conjunction with kratom use, you can ease them and return your system to balance with some simple common sense steps:
- Immediately take a break from using kratom for several days to one week.
- Hydrate yourself by drinking 2-3 liters of water with fresh lemon. This will help your body expel toxins and return to a state of equilibrium.
- Do not use any other stimulants or depressants, like cigarettes or alcohol, until the symptoms pass.
- Rest. A single good night’s sleep will solve most of these side effects and return you to normal good function.
How Do I Avoid Kratom Side Effects?
Of course, the best way to deal with kratom side effects is to prevent them before they happen. Keeping an eye on some simple components of your routine, you can dramatically reduce the possibility of any unwanted side effects. If you love Mitragyna Speciosa leaf and enjoy using it regularly as many do, think of these as great long-term strategies for ensuring continued good health and enjoyment of it’s many benefits.
- Pay attention to your dosage. If you are unsure about your dose, err on the side of caution and take less. You can always add more later. Listen to the advice of other users on message boards who have come before you – often times this advice is very helpful in determining dosage for a particular strain.
- Drink enough water everyday.
- Don’t use kratom 2 days in a row.
- Keep a written log of when you take kratom and what kind you’re taking – this calendar will help you remember, track, and adjust your habits should side effects arise.
- Use extracts and enhanced varieties sparingly until you are comfortable with their effects.
- Do not mix Kratom powder with other substances that can potentiate or interfere with its mechanism of action.
- Maintain an active, healthy lifestyle and good diet whether or not you’re using kratom. From this position of strength, you will be more able to enjoy kratom when you want it, without risking unwanted effects.
- Know when to say “when.” If you sense that you are near the edge of kratom effects that are too strong for you, stop consuming it immediately and take a short break. The same goes if you sense you are developing a tolerance or a habit with this herb. There’s no rush – you can always return in another session on another day.
One of the most important factors in avoiding side effects of kratom is by starting with a quality product. This should go without saying. If you are unsure of the quality of a particular vendor’s stock, consult testimonials and user reviews before you make your decision. And always look for an online seller that offers excellent satisfaction, has a real return policy, and has offices in the U.S. If you have any questions about the effects of a particular product and how to use it, any vendor you do business with should offer helpful customer service to give you the answers you need. With all of these elements in place, you’ll be able to have far more confidence in the product you purchase and consume, and kratom side effects will never burden you.